Manor House Gardens


Manor House Gardens was a private garden until acquired by the London County Council and opened as a public park in 1901. By 1993, when a park user proup was formed, it was under-funded and under-used. John Hopkins, a landscape architect who subsequently played a leading role in the 2012 Olympic Park, lived nearby and offered his professional help with the design and in seeking funds from the Heritage National Lottery. The bid was successful and the Gardens have become a very much nicer place than formerly. The park users continue to work with Lewisham Council.

Tom Turner

Posted in community gardens, public parks

Leave a Reply