St Andrews Square landscape architects

St Andrews Square Edinburgh, designed by Gillespies landscape architects

St Andrews Square Edinburgh, designed by Gillespies landscape architects

St Andrew’s Square was built after 1772, as the first part of Edinburgh’s New Town, designed by James Craig. It was a private pleasure garden for use by local residents but was opened for public use in 2008. The old layout had a single path on an east-west axis running through grass and trees. The redesigned square has a cafe, a very popular water feature and gay planting.

Landscape architects Gillespies LLP
Client City of Edinburgh Council / Essential Edinburgh
Architects of the Café Pavilion: Gillespies
Structural Engineers: Land Engineering
Service Engineers: Parsons Brinkerhoff

Tom Turner

Posted in urban squares Tagged with:

Leave a Reply