Q&A Landscape Architecture
Q&A Answers to questions about landscape architecture as a design discipline
- What is “landscape architecture”?
- What are the aims of landscape architecture?
- Was Frederick Law Olmsted the father of landscape architecture and origin of the term?
- What is landscape theory?
- What is the history of landscape architecture?
- Why did the UK adopt the term landscape architecture?
- Is there a problem with the term ‘landscape architecture’?
- What does ‘landscape’ mean in the term ‘landscape architecture’?
- What does ‘architecture’ mean in the term ‘landscape architecture’?
- Why did Sir Geoffrey Jellicoe see the ‘collective landscape’ as a ‘social necessity’?
- Does the landscape profession need professional societies?
Q&A Answers to questions about the practice of landscape architecture
- What is the relationship between landscape architecture and urban design?
- What is landscape planning and environmental impact design EID?
- How can landscape architects help mitigate climate change?
- What is a ‘greenway’ and why should we plan green ways?
- What is context-sensitive design theory?
- Do landscape architects have a role in skyline and skyspace planning?
- What is the landscape urbanism design method?
- Who are the great landscape architects in history?
- What does the future hold for landscape architecture?
- Are green roofs, living walls, roof gardens, skylines and skyscapes landscape architecture?
- Why is Vitruvius so important to landscape architecture?
- What should landscape architects contribute to cycleway planning and design?
Previous Q&A Answers to Questions about the UK Landscape Institute LI
- What is the Landscape Institute?
- Did Geoffrey and Susan Jellicoe seek to promote landscape architecture?
- Why was the UK Landscape Institute established?
- When and how did landscape architects become involved with public open space?
- Who founded the International Federation of Landscape Architects – IFLA?
- WHAT was Frank Clark’s Lament about landscape architecture?
- Should professional institutes run examinations – or should the universities do it?
- Why did the Institute of Landscape Architects change its name to the Landscape Institute?
- How should the term ‘landscape architecture’ be conceptualised?
- How should the Landscape Institute celebrate its 100th Anniversary?